Monday 29 November 2010

making a door (part 2)

so this was my first attempt at creating my door so just simply using a cube polygon and extruding till i got the right shape for it over all and then from their the use of polgon spheres to make the gold bulbs that would come out of the door now i thought i had done this well, till once talking to Ollie i realised that this would not work and that the mini bulbs would have to many polygons overall so Ollie show me a way in to extrude certain parts in the door to create the bulb look.



so i created this second attempt but whilst trying to use that extrude technique that Ollie showed me , i realised it had to be done with exact measurements that became too much work so after talking to Ollie we realised the door would not be seen properly up close so we decided a basic model of the door and id try and get the golden bulbs through my uv mapping and a bump map




No comments:

Post a Comment